In this part we will we will be discussing 3 basic types of resume.
- Chronological resume
- Functional resume
- Combined resume
- A chronological job history
- A list if functional skills sets
- A combination of chronological and functional skills.
The chronological resume
- Lists the most recent(or most applicable) employment and education.
- Present information in reverse chronological order.
- Best if the work history has little or no gaps.
- Best when work history isn't too large or too small.
Chronological resume Examples :
chronological resume templates
fresher's chronological resume templateChronological resume 2
engineer's chronological resume templateChronological resume 3
graduate's chronological resume templateChronological resume 4
chronological resume samplesChronological resume 5
The functional resume
- list the application's most applicable accomplishments and skills (not necessarily employment).
- Presents this background in groups of "skill sets".
- Best for long or multiple gaps between jobs.
- Best for too long or small a work history.
fresher's functional resume templateFunctional resume 1
student's functional resume sampleFunctional resume 2
The combined resume
- Presents "select" employment and education in reverse chronological order.
- Focuses on accomplishments and skills.
- Enables tailoring the resume format to fit a desired gaol.
- Showcases achievements over job descriptions.