Before explaining Functional resume let highlight few questions
- Do you love your current job?
- Are you currently working in the field you want to work in after college?
- Have you been working full or part time without any gas in employment?
- Do all (or at least most of) the jobs in your work history relate to the position you are applying to now?
- Can you truthfully tell your next employer that you have been fired?
A resume does not have to be a chronological list of the jobs you have done.
- Organized around areas of competence
- Good choice for people with limited work history
- Good for people going into a new employment field
- Downplays periods of unemployment, job-hopping etc.
Examples of Functional resume:
functional resume example for freshers
functional resume samplesFunctional resume 2
functional resume template
This position is responsible for coaching the home services sale staff. The coaching will be one-on-one and will be held in the working field. The right person will be responsible for increasing individual and company sales volume. You will serve as a liaison between consumers and the sales staff to increase sales conversion.
Skills highlighted are important to the employer:
- understand the process for effective implementation of training programs. Demonstrates the experience necessary to be successful.
- Needs Assessment - Demonstrate the knowledge of the process for identifying customer needs and gaps related to training, including how to prioritize.
- Analytic skills - Demonstrates a process for analysing problems/issues. Ability to identify trends and reach conclusions/decisions.
- Strong facilitation skills - Hold's people attention when speaking; speaks clearly and concisely; communicates without jargon; delivers effective, high-impact presentations.
- Computer skills - Microsoft office/vision/adobe/database management/internet.
In my experience, most college students start by creating a chronological resumes.
However most college students should use the functional style of resume because they...
- want to change career fields
- have limited work experience
- have gaps in employment
- have been fired
- have held jobs in a variety of unrelated fields.way to writing the best cover letter example for resume